Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Another 2 kms for me - some of it done on a treadmill in a warm room - not my house, though - I wish! I used to work in northern Saskatchewan (75 kms from the NWT) and I started walking to work - about a mile - for the exercise and weight loss. I got a Dene (Indian) woman to make me a pair of mitts, long - almost to my elbow, from moose hide with beaver fur trim and beading - now those are warm. Together with ski pants, Sorels, ear muffs, toque and of course a warm jacket, I managed to stay warm even at -40! I don't think I would go out when it is that cold now! I have another fitness challenge going on now - from work - so that is the extra incentive to get moving! 2 birds with 1 stone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home